Let me say….this is the most wonderful pound cake!!!
I was trying to explain to my boys the difference between a pound cake and a coffee cake. The major difference is the Butter 3 cubes of it…Yikes, and that it is more of a dense texture.
The batter on this recipe will fill a normal size bundt pan, and when baked, mine tended to bake over the edge a little. I think some of the newer BUNDT pans may be a little larger. But it still works, I guess you could put it in an angel food cake pan too.
The secret to getting this wonderful crunchy top is to start with a cold oven. DO NOT Preheat the Oven for this recipe, start with a cold oven and bake at 300 for 2 hours.
By the way this recipe is not WW friendly…its 15 WW points for 1/16 of a piece. HAHA
Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon orange extract
1 heaping teaspoon orange peel, finely grated
1. Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the sugar, one cup at a time and blend well.
3. Add 2 eggs; then one cup flour and blend until mixed.
4. Add 2 more eggs; then another cup of flour and blend until mixed.
5. Add last 2 eggs and last cup flour and blend well.
6. Add salt, orange extract and orange peel and blend until well mixed.
7. Grease and flour a bundt pan and pour cake dough into bundt pan.
8. IN A COLD OVEN, place the cake pan and turn oven on to 300 degrees.
9. Cook for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.